Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Error 408

Hi,I've moved from the uk to New Zealand and can't log into spotify, I just get the error message 408. (I only have an ipad at the moment, no computer, if that makes much difference). When I look on my profile I see:"Your account can no longer be use...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've moved from the uk to New Zealand and can't log into spotify, I just get the error message 408. (I only have an ipad at the moment, no computer, if that makes much difference). When I ...
  • MesaRaven
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Blocked App after trying to update

Can someone help me here? Im trying to update the app on my iPhone and it simply STOPPED WORKING THE APP!!!Now I cant update the app or even delete it. Its blocked and I dont know what to do.

• Can someone help me here? Im trying to update the app on my iPhone and it simply STOPPED WORKING THE APP!!! Now I cant update the app or even delete it. Its blocked and I dont know what to do.
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery drain

I'm starting to experiencing an increase in battery dran from spotify.Same amount of usage that's normally around 12-15% is now 23-25%.Any one else experiencing this?

• Gig Goer
  • I'm starting to experiencing an increase in battery dran from spotify. Same amount of usage that's normally around 12-15% is now 23-25%. Any one else experiencing this?
  • fass2binder
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to share or find spotify users

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===Brief description of the issue: I am not able to find other friends on community or share songs/playlist by finding friends on my iphone 6s spotify app even though I have premium subscriptionSteps to reproduce the issue:Scena...

• Casual Listener
  • === START OF TEMPLATE === Brief description of the issue: I am not able to find other friends on community or share songs/playlist by finding friends on my iphone 6s spotify app even though I have...
  • bucklid
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest update is broken

Last night my app auto updated like always. I went on to go look up a song I was wanted to hear, and as soon as I typed "summer" into the search it completely broken my app. I can no longer listen to music not saved on my phone and anytime I try to d...

• Last night my app auto updated like always. I went on to go look up a song I was wanted to hear, and as soon as I typed "summer" into the search it completely broken my app. I can no longer listen to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error occurring in search

I just update the app to version 5.1.0.1019 on my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.1.3) and the search feature stopped working. Doing a search the message "An error occurred" and "Try Again" button, and even clicking this button, the search is not performed.

• I just update the app to version 5.1.0.1019 on my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.1.3) and the search feature stopped working. Doing a search the message "An error occurred" and "Try Again" button, and even clicking...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

search problem

Arrggh...driving me crazy! The search online keeps stopping and starting..I tried everything and still trouble..reset Internet reset phone reset ps3 reset PC and still no luck...I have only just ordered premium and have a month free..If this is how i...

• Arrggh...driving me crazy! The search online keeps stopping and starting..I tried everything and still trouble..reset Internet reset phone reset ps3 reset PC and still no luck...I have only just orde...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant Error Message

Today my Spotify just stopped working. Half of the searches, when typed in, yield an "an error occurred, try again" message. If try again is repeatedly pressed, the artists sometimes appear, but when clicked on yield a "an error occuered" message wit...

• Today my Spotify just stopped working. Half of the searches, when typed in, yield an "an error occurred, try again" message. If try again is repeatedly pressed, the artists sometimes appear, but when...
  • Peddiefamily
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No "AVALIABLE OFFLINE"

I've been using my friends premium account, created my own playlist was able to listen to the music offline. Since swithcing to my own premium account, I've created my own playlist but I dont have a "AVALIABLE OFFLINE", all I see is "DOWNLOAD" and I ...

• I've been using my friends premium account, created my own playlist was able to listen to the music offline.   Since swithcing to my own premium account, I've created my own playlist but I don...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mode offline with cellular data

Hi, I have a question,when I downloaded my playlists, they still use my cellular data if I don't active the Mode Offline in my phone? Thanks!

• Hi, I have a question,when I downloaded my playlists, they still use my cellular data if I don't active the Mode Offline in my phone?   Thanks!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Songs Unplayable

Hi! So... i bought a Spotify card, and I upgraded my account to premium. But I would like to know why some songs in my playlists can't be downloaded? Someones have green arrows, other ones have gray arrows and other ones doesn't have any arrow at all...

• Hi!  So... i bought a Spotify card, and I upgraded my account to premium.  But I would like to know why some songs in my playlists can't be downloaded? Someones have green arrows, other...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't download all my music to offline

It won't let me download offline unless I dele a offline playlist , maybe too many songs??

• Casual Listener
  • It won't let me download offline unless I dele a offline playlist , maybe too many songs??
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify NEEDS CUSTOMER SERVICE

THEY NEED A DIRECT LINE TO FIX PROBLEMS! TIRED OF PAYING FOR SOMRTHING AND NOT WORK.

• Casual Listener
  • THEY NEED A DIRECT LINE TO FIX PROBLEMS! TIRED OF PAYING FOR SOMRTHING AND NOT WORK.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how to stop the eskape key skipping a song?

Hi Hopefully someone can help with this... pressing the escape key skips to the next track in a play list, even when spotify is minimised and I'm working on another program (my particular problem is a drawing program where I use escape regularly to s...

• Regular
  • Hi   Hopefully someone can help with this... pressing the escape key skips to the next track in a play list, even when spotify is minimised and I'm working on another program (my particular pr...
  • harrimots
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists on ipad

The songs in the playlists in spotify on my PC will not download to the same playlists in spotify on my ipad. Suggestions please

• The songs in the playlists in spotify on my PC will not download to the same playlists in spotify on my ipad.   Suggestions please
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 9.2 ACURA 2014 RDX with Spotify

When I upgraded my iOS to 9.2 Spotify no longer worked in the car using the USB cable. The music would play for 1 sec. And stop. The car display would shot Pandora data connection lost. Now prior to upgrading the iOS Spotify worked fine. I have disco...

• When I upgraded my iOS to 9.2 Spotify no longer worked in the car using the USB cable. The music would play for 1 sec. And stop. The car display would shot Pandora data connection lost. Now prior to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Spotify connectivity using USB cable
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Playing songs on multiple devices with paid family plan

I am trying to play music through my Spotify account on my phone while my daughter at home can play her music through her Spotify account from her iPad. When I play a song her Spotify is paused when she plays a song my Spotify paused. Cantu people li...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to play music through my Spotify account on my phone while my daughter at home can play her music through her Spotify account from her iPad. When I play a song her Spotify is paused when ...
  • jaykpatel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify client v5.0.9.992 pauses playback when running in the background

This happen on iphone 6. iOS release is 9.2.1 (13D20). Whenever I listen to Spotify and hit the home button on the phone, the playback stops. It is impossible also, to start playback from apple car play.The same spotify client version runs ok on an i...

• Casual Listener
  • This happen on iphone 6. iOS release is 9.2.1 (13D20). Whenever I listen to Spotify and hit the home button on the phone, the playback stops. It is impossible also, to start playback from apple car p...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks not transitioning - iPhone

Many of my tracks frequently stop between 3 and 1 second from the end, and do not automatically play the next song in the playlist.I have tried with and without gapless transition, and have encountered the problem with both. Any ideas?

• Music Fan
  • Many of my tracks frequently stop between 3 and 1 second from the end, and do not automatically play the next song in the playlist. I have tried with and without gapless transition, and have encount...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! chinees

my spotify is in chineese signs. I have tried to log out and log in again. Help

• Casual Listener
  • my spotify is in chineese signs. I have tried to log out and log in again. Help
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes