Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!! Can't Reach Contact Form

Hello, I've been a Premium Spotify subscriber for some time now, but I am trying to close my account. I am trying to deactivate my Facebook but I would like to continue using Spotify Premium, so I have no choice but to create a new account and subscr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I've been a Premium Spotify subscriber for some time now, but I am trying to close my account. I am trying to deactivate my Facebook but I would like to continue using Spotify Premium...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Account
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Lost access to account

Hi, I tried to log in to my spotify account but can't remember the password. I tried to reset my password and found out that the email associated with the account has been disabled by Google. Is there any way I can reset the email associated with the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I tried to log in to my spotify account but can't remember the password. I tried to reset my password and found out that the email associated with the account has been disabled by Google. Is ther...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Weird changes in my account, it might have been compromised

Hello, Today when I executed Spotify on my computer it couldn't log in. I recovered and changed the password but when I entered Spotify I found some changes. All of my playlists had been deleted (I restored them, that's not a big problem) and, more i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Today when I executed Spotify on my computer it couldn't log in. I recovered and changed the password but when I entered Spotify I found some changes. All of my playlists had bee...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to contact spotify

Opened a premium account with Spotify via Sonos and have been charged £9.99 a month since November 2015. Unfortunately somehow I seem to have a free account as well. Both have the same email address. I cant log on to the premium account as I cant rem...

• Visitor
  • Opened a premium account with Spotify via Sonos and have been charged £9.99 a month since November 2015. Unfortunately somehow I seem to have a free account as well. Both have the same email address....
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[work around] problem subscribing with credit card in firefox due to javascript error ..

System : Windows 10Browser : Firefox v43.0.4 I tried upgrading to premium using but it did not allow me to proceed as I couldn't select a payment method. Symptom :This didn't work because the website had several issues :- selecting 'credit card' as a...

• System : Windows 10 Browser : Firefox v43.0.4   I tried upgrading to premium using but it did not allow me to proceed as I couldn't select a payment method.   Symptom : This didn't wo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Change username to a existing account aka merge to accounts

Hy there, I use Spotify with my username Mixermachin but I want to change that to the name I used bevor (Mixermachine with 'e' at the end).I tried to connect my Mixermachin (without the 'e') account to facebook to somehow connect the old the new (the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hy there,   I use Spotify with my username Mixermachin but I want to change that to the name I used bevor (Mixermachine with 'e' at the end). I tried to connect my Mixermachin (without the 'e...
  • Mixermachin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

SDK

Hi,is it possible to bring the Bose Soundtouch Connect / AirPlay Functionality into the SDK?thx

• Regular
  • Hi, is it possible to bring the Bose Soundtouch Connect / AirPlay Functionality into the SDK? thx
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Thumbs don't work on Mac

I've been trying to figure this out forever. I've given up. Now, I don't use the Spotify Radio at all. Ever! The reason is simple. On something like Pandora, a thumbs up or down changes the program's overall perception of your taste. On Spotify (at l...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to figure this out forever. I've given up. Now, I don't use the Spotify Radio at all. Ever!   The reason is simple. On something like Pandora, a thumbs up or down changes the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Contact spotify

I am trying to listen to music and I have no playlist which I had over a thousand yesterday and I'm paying $10 a month somebody needs to call me and fix this asap

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to listen to music and I have no playlist which I had over a thousand yesterday and I'm paying $10 a month somebody needs to call me and fix this asap
  • alegnayerf
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to unfollow

Hello I did a while ago the option to follow all Facebook friends on SpotifyNow I deleted a person from Facebook, but she still shows up in the sidebar when she listens to musicThe thing is, when I go to my "Following" tab, she's not thereI've gone t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I did a while ago the option to follow all Facebook friends on Spotify Now I deleted a person from Facebook, but she still shows up in the sidebar when she listens to music The thing...
  • allibaba9996
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Solved] Missing artist list. More than one account?

Hi! I've been using Spotify (free) on mi iPod touch for a few months, and I was following several artists. I had logged in only once on this device, and today I logged out for the first time. When I logged in again, my account looked totally differen...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I've been using Spotify (free) on mi iPod touch for a few months, and I was following several artists. I had logged in only once on this device, and today I logged out for the first time. When I ...
  • efege
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Payment

Hi guys. I recently got a payment to Spotify in order to renew my subscription to Spotify Premium. But there's a problem. Here in Italy, there's an offer with a mobile carrier, Vodafone, that gives the user a whole year of Spotify Premium for free. I...

• Hi guys.   I recently got a payment to Spotify in order to renew my subscription to Spotify Premium. But there's a problem. Here in Italy, there's an offer with a mobile carrier, Vodafone, tha...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I have a premium account which I pay 9.99 a month for. I logged out of my device and when I logged back in it wouldn't let me make my songs available offline said I need to get premium. Anyone else have this problem?

• I have a premium account which I pay 9.99 a month for. I logged out of my device and when I logged back in it wouldn't let me make my songs available offline said I need to get premium. Anyone else h...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account was Hacked

A while after I got Spotify, my account was hacked and the hacker changed the password. There are literally playlists through which he communicated to me that he hacked the account and bought it on some forum website. I emailed Spotify support a year...

• A while after I got Spotify, my account was hacked and the hacker changed the password. There are literally playlists through which he communicated to me that he hacked the account and bought it on s...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Security
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

no longer have access to email or password

i signed up using an email address that i no longer have access too i forgot my password and cant log into my spotify im a premium subscriber so i have to figure out how to fix this all i need to do is have them send me a password reset to my email t...

• i signed up using an email address that i no longer have access too i forgot my password and cant log into my spotify im a premium subscriber so i have to figure out how to fix this all i need to do ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant add to family plan, we got same country.

Hello, I got this problem, that I cant add my brother to my family plan even though we have selected the same country and share the same IP at the moment.It just says that it couldnt add his account because we need to have the same country, which we ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I got this problem, that I cant add my brother to my family plan even though we have selected the same country and share the same IP at the moment. It just says that it couldnt add h...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Followers No Longer Receiving Email Notifications

Hi, I have been told by people who follow my playlist that they no longer receive email notifcations when I add songs to my playlist. Was wondering how I can change this so that they continue to receive notifications when I add new songs.Thank you

• Regular
  • Hi,   I have been told by people who follow my playlist that they no longer receive email notifcations when I add songs to my playlist.   Was wondering how I can change this so that the...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Usunięcie konta/Deleted account

Please for help me!!! What Deleted account? Please Contact with me a polish languageMam problemy z usunięciem konta. Wysłałam kilka razy prośbę o usunięcie konta, i nic z tego. Proszę o kontakt w Języku polskim. Proszę o pomoc.

• Visitor
  • Please for help me!!! What Deleted account? Please Contact with me a polish language Mam problemy z usunięciem konta. Wysłałam kilka razy prośbę o usunięcie konta, i nic z tego. Proszę o kontakt w J...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Having Problems Upgrading to Premium with Paypal

Every time I try to upgrade my account to premium with paypal.... It directs me to paypal, I log in, then takes me back to the same page in spotify trying to upgrade all over again. Why it keeps doing that? I don't get no errors or anything but I don...

• Every time I try to upgrade my account to premium with paypal.... It directs me to paypal, I log in, then takes me back to the same page in spotify trying to upgrade all over again. Why it keeps doin...
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Holiday Deal Not Applied

Over the holidays of 2015, they ads I listened to said that I could get three months of Spotify premium for the price of a single month. So I signed up before the end of December just like the add said. I just receive an e-mail that I've been charged...

• Casual Listener
  • Over the holidays of 2015, they ads I listened to said that I could get three months of Spotify premium for the price of a single month.  So I signed up before the end of December just like the ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes