Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

[ISSUE] I cannot add a specific member in family premium plan

Plan:Premium FamilyCountry:Brazil[ISSUE]I am not able to add a user specified in the family plan. It's my wife. She's living with me. I have another member (my brothers) already in my family plan. And I had not any problem to add them. But my wife I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Family Country: Brazil [ISSUE] I am not able to add a user specified in the family plan. It's my wife. She's living with me. I have another member (my brothers) already in my famil...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Auto disconect from my account

Devicedesktop and phoneOperating SystemAndroid / windows 10 My Question or IssueAfter a while my account is autodisconecting with no reason .I have the same problem on desktop ( hight-end setup ) and phone too ( samsung s8 - software updated to day )...

• Casual Listener
  • Device desktop and phone Operating System Android / windows 10   My Question or Issue After a while my account is autodisconecting with no reason . I have the same problem on desktop ( hi...
  • multiphun_
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't reset my password

PlanPremiumCountryBrasil My Question or IssueHi,I was suddenly logged out of Spotify on the app, and couldn't log back in with my password. Due to that, I tried to reset it, but I'm not getting the email to reset. I already looked into the spam and i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brasil   My Question or Issue Hi, I was suddenly logged out of Spotify on the app, and couldn't log back in with my password. Due to that, I tried to reset it, but I'...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't reconnect my account to Facebook

Back in the day when I switched to a new account and got premium I immediately connected my acc with my FB.Since then I disconnected and reconnected FB and Spo. several times with no problems at all. It displayed my full name, or my original username...

• Regular
  • Back in the day when I switched to a new account and got premium I immediately connected my acc with my FB. Since then I disconnected and reconnected FB and Spo. several times with no problems at al...
  • stratofortress2
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium

Ich hab eine 10 euro guthabenkarte auf der spotify seite eingelöst aber kein premium bekommen

• Casual Listener
  • Ich hab eine 10 euro guthabenkarte auf der spotify seite eingelöst aber kein premium bekommen
  • malin747
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Severe Paranoid Anxiety: Block Followers/Private Account Feature?

Hi, I have severe paranoid anxiety, to the point of it being crippling. I listen to music on spotify to calm down and reset, but people have followed not just my playlists but my account as well. It's the same username that I use elsewhere and the co...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I have severe paranoid anxiety, to the point of it being crippling. I listen to music on spotify to calm down and reset, but people have followed not just my playlists but my account as we...
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I log into spotify but it throws me out.

I cannot access my Spotify account!!On my phone i write my username and password and log in but its a black screen and it after a bit it throws me out.On my pc it says Incorrect username or password.I don't know what to do!!I can't remeber what email...

• Visitor
  •   I cannot access my Spotify account!! On my phone i write my username and password and log in but its a black screen and it after a bit it throws me out. On my pc it says Incorrect user...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Resetting password

Hi, yesterday, I opened my Spotify app, which usually stays logged in, and i was logged out. I filled in my login info and it said my password didn’t match. Super confused because I didn’t change it. I then had to log into my old email account that I...

• Hi, yesterday, I opened my Spotify app, which usually stays logged in, and i was logged out. I filled in my login info and it said my password didn’t match. Super confused because I didn’t change it....
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My display name randomly changed by itself

Until this morning, the name that showed up on my Spotify was my real name. But this morning, it randomly changed to four random Chinese characters! But I didn't do this! So why did this happen?

• Casual Listener
  • Until this morning, the name that showed up on my Spotify was my real name. But this morning, it randomly changed to four random Chinese characters! But I didn't do this! So why did this happen?
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Student Premium and Starbucks Premium

PlanPremiumUSA DeviceiPhone X Operating System(iOS 12.1.4) My Question or Issue So I work for Starbucks and I’ve already got the premium subscription through my work, however I wanted to try and get the student subscription so I could use the HULU an...

•   Plan Premium USA   Device iPhone X  Operating System (iOS 12.1.4)   My Question or Issue  So I work for Starbucks and I’ve already got the premium subscription t...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My password doesn't work on an account I have no access for.

PlanPremiumCountryunited statesDeviceALLOperating SystemALL My Question or Issue I can't access my account. I get Error code 3 everytime I try to use the correct password. It was working thismorning but all of a sudden just stopped letting me log in ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country united states Device ALL Operating System ALL   My Question or Issue  I can't access my account. I get Error code 3 everytime I try to use the correct passwor...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify desktop homepage redirected

PlanFreeCountry UKDeviceDesktop PCOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Windows 10My Question or Issue This is very strange - as of today, when I open the Spotify client, instead of the home page I am redirected to the song 'Danger ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  UK Device Desktop PC Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)  Windows 10 My Question or Issue  This is very strange - as of today, ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Account hacked - Resolved

PlanPremiumCountry HKDeviceIphoneOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue My account has been hacked, email address being changed as well. Although I already submitted the problem but havn't received any reply yet....

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  HK Device Iphone Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  My account has been hacked, email address being c...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Shows] Podcast Submissions

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueI would like to upload a podcast onto Spotify - as a band. Is this possible?

• Plan Free Country  USA Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue I would like to upload a podcast onto Spotify - as a band.  Is this possibl...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Numbers as username, old picture etc.

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevice & Operating SystemSony Xperia & Windows 10 My Question or IssueIm a frequent user of Spotify and don't have any problems with the streaming or so. But hope someone can help me with this minor issues any way... Im logge...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device & Operating System Sony Xperia & Windows 10   My Question or Issue Im a frequent user of Spotify and don't have any problems with the str...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums list suddenly filled with a lot of old entries

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceSony Xperia XZ1 Compact / PCOperating SystemAndroid Oreo / Windows 10 My Question or IssueSuddenly my Album folder is full of Albums. Maybe I added them once but it must be 2 years ago and they were definitely not i...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact / PC Operating System Android Oreo / Windows 10   My Question or Issue Suddenly my Album folder is full of Albums. ...
  • hahahatschiii
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No password reset email

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceEveryoneOperating SystemEveryone My Question or IssueOne day my password seems to have been changed some how, and I didn't do it. I have access to the email adress of my Spotify account (which I have verified is correct...

• Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Everyone Operating System Everyone   My Question or Issue One day my password seems to have been changed some how, and I didn't do it. I have a...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium üyelik iptali

Merhaba, dghfatih gmail hesabımdan aldığım bir spotify premium üyeligim vardı. Fakat hem mail hesabımın hem spotify üyeliğimin şifrelerini bilmiyorum. Samsung Galaxy A7 telefonum kırıldığından dolayı premium üyeliğimi kullanamıyorum ve kullanamadığım...

• Visitor
  • Merhaba, dghfatih gmail hesabımdan aldığım bir spotify premium üyeligim vardı. Fakat hem mail hesabımın hem spotify üyeliğimin şifrelerini bilmiyorum. Samsung Galaxy A7 telefonum kırıldığından dolayı...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not correctly parsing Facebook name

My first name has two words, and after connecting my Facebook profile with Spotify, it seems to only parse the first two words in a name, which means my last name doesn't show up in Spotify. This makes it hard for friends to search for my profile.

• Visitor
  • My first name has two words, and after connecting my Facebook profile with Spotify, it seems to only parse the first two words in a name, which means my last name doesn't show up in Spotify. This mak...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes