Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Large Display

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating System(Android) My Question or Issue The screen displayed while a track is playing shows no album art. I don't know how to switch it back to the original.

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  US Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue  The screen displayed while a track is playing shows no album art....
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "No se encontró una memoria" Problema en Android 7.1.1

Esto ya me ah ocurrido 3 veces, la app no abre, de repente al abrir la app me aparece una notificacion que dice "No se encontró una memoria, Verifica la memoria del dispositivo", la unica manera de que la app vuelva a abrir es que reinicie el celular...

• Esto ya me ah ocurrido 3 veces, la app no abre, de repente al abrir la app me aparece una notificacion que dice "No se encontró una memoria, Verifica la memoria del dispositivo", la unica manera de q...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Removed songs keep on playing in playlist

I have a playlist and when I remove songs, they keep coming up in the playlist. Even after a restart of the phone. How can I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist and when I remove songs, they keep coming up in the playlist. Even after a restart of the phone.   How can I fix this?
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio and daily mix does not work

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDevice(Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge)Operating System(Android 7.0 Nougat) My Question or Issue I can not access the radio or my daily mix`s on my phone, I am using the Spotify Connect to use thus functions on the phone. The option to...

• Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device (Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge) Operating System (Android 7.0 Nougat)   My Question or Issue  I can not access the radio or my daily mix`s on my p...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Black Screen

PlanFreeCountry AmericaDeviceGalaxy J3 EclipseOperating System My Question or IssueRecently, as of today, when I bring up my music to see the time, if I can skip it, what song it is, pause and start it, anything else you can do on it, was completely ...

• Plan Free Country  America Device Galaxy J3 Eclipse Operating System   My Question or Issue Recently, as of today, when I bring up my music to see the time, if I can skip it, what ...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android S8+ Sharing causes Spotify to crash

Hi all,App crashes when trying to share song or playlist with friends.Yes app is up to date and have tried to delete and reinstall Please help PlanPremiumCountry NZDeviceSamsung S8+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, App crashes when trying to share song or playlist with friends. Yes app is up to date and have tried to delete and reinstall   Please help     Plan Premium Country &n...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App Crash
    android crash
    Mobile
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps adding random songs

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceOnePlus 5TOperating SystemAndroid 8.1My Question or IssueAs i mentioned above Spotify keeps adding random songs to my library and to all of my playlists. I've changed my password, logged out of everywhere but it happene...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device OnePlus 5T Operating System Android 8.1 My Question or Issue As i mentioned above Spotify keeps adding random songs to my library and to all of my pl...
  • sumisumijavore
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain songs pausing?freezing app

PlanFreeCountryUS DeviceSamsung Galaxy Sky Pro My Question or Issue This only happens on my phone, and only with two or three songs. When they come on, if I don't skip fast enough, the whole app stalls for a good five mintes or more. I've tried reins...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country US   Device Samsung Galaxy Sky Pro     My Question or Issue  This only happens on my phone, and only with two or three songs. When they come on...
  • ImpTheLynx
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

You are currently set to offline - but I can't login to change it

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDevice Samsung Galaxy Neo S5Operating System My Question or Issue When I click the spotify app on my mobile I am prompted to login. I enter my "email or username" and password which I've reset. I get a message that says "you ...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device  Samsung Galaxy Neo S5 Operating System     My Question or Issue  When I click the spotify app on my mobile I am prompted to log...
  • tjinca1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Compatibility Android Go Edition

Does the Spotify Android App work on the Go Edition of Android? And if so, can anyone say what the experience is like compared to the Full Edition of Android? Cheers

• Casual Listener
  • Does the Spotify Android App work on the Go Edition of Android?   And if so, can anyone say what the experience is like compared to the Full Edition of Android?   Cheers
  • chíwí
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs in mixtapes start where you last stopped.

PlanPremium, probably bothCountry GermanyDeviceGalaxy S 8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue The songs in a mixtape start where I last stopped listening to them, although another song was played before it. Recreate: * Start a mixtape* ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium, probably both Country  Germany Device Galaxy S 8 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  The songs in a mixtape start where I last stoppe...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 8
    bug
    Mixtapes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline issue still happening

Spotify 8.4.61.683, oneplus 5 android version 8.1.0 Was using spotify with it send to offline. I got randomly logged out. When I try to log back in, it says " you are sent to offline, please go online to connect". I have followed the work around list...

• Regular
  • Spotify 8.4.61.683, oneplus 5 android version 8.1.0   Was using spotify with it send to offline. I got randomly logged out. When I try to log back in, it says " you are sent to offline, please...
  • evo4g63t
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify does a pause after one second each song

Plan PremiumCountry MéxicoDevice Moto X4Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Every song that is played manually does a pause after one second and then it's played normally, even if it's played over WiFi or Mobile Data, downloaded or not...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium Country  México Device  Moto X4 Operating System  Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Every song that is played manually does a pause after...
  • MaverickQRZ
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

CANNOT CONNECT

My Question or Issue I don't know why I can't use my spotify. I tried deleting then reinstalling. It works for like 8hrs then it won't work again. I'm currently using a vivo v5 phone. And my spotify is Premium. PLEASE HELP!This is what the app shows ...

Screenshot_20180729_221003.jpg
  •     My Question or Issue  I don't know why I can't use my spotify. I tried deleting then reinstalling. It works for like 8hrs then it won't work again.    I'm currently ...
  • ja_torres
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My playlist has most songs grayed out on my phone, despite them all working on PC and friend's phone

PlanPremiumCountry USDevice(Samsung Galaxy S8, Macbook Pro,)Operating System(Android v 8.0, Windows 10) My Question or Issue I just got this new phone and for whatever reason this playlist in particular has most songs grayed out. Other playlists are ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device (Samsung Galaxy S8, Macbook Pro,) Operating System (Android v 8.0, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  I just got this new phone and for whate...
  • tripped144
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps adding songs to my playlists and it keeps on playing songs that I chose not to play.

So spotify keeps on adding in songs to my playlist and plays songs that I have put do not play on. Please help.

• So spotify keeps on adding in songs to my playlist and plays songs that I have put do not play on. Please help.  
  • lonelymillionai
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs deleted

HiSince I got spotify I got the download button activated at my "Songs".So if I want a new song to be downloaded I just put into "my songs" so that it downloads automatically. (Because the download button under "songs" is activated) . When I put a ne...

• Regular
  • Hi Since I got spotify I got the download button activated at my "Songs". So if I want a new song to be downloaded I just put into  "my songs" so that it downloads automatically. (Because the ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Download via Mobile Data

PlanPremiumCountry Germany Device(Samsung Galaxy S9)Operating System(Android Oreo.) My Question or IssueI've activated mobile downloads, but Spotify doesn't download and still wants me to activate it in settings.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany  Device (Samsung Galaxy S9) Operating System (Android Oreo.)   My Question or Issue I've activated mobile downloads, but Spotify doesn't do...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The STMPD account puts songs in my playlists without authorization.

The STMPD account puts songs from artists in my main playlists, I stopped tracking the account and certain artists that are part of this record company, but they continue for songs without my authorization, I wanted to know if there is a way to avoid...

• Composer
  • The STMPD account puts songs from artists in my main playlists, I stopped tracking the account and certain artists that are part of this record company, but they continue for songs without my authori...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Search BUG?

DeviceAndroid My Question or Issue Hello friends, So I know there are easy fixes for the search problems ( where all searches are offline and only look up songs that are downloaded to the device) Many have posted temporary fixes such as - Restart dev...

•     Device Android  My Question or Issue  Hello friends,   So I know there are easy fixes for the search problems ( where all searches are offline and only look up son...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes