Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Cannot add song to starred playlist directly on iPhone since latest upgrade

Hi, Since Spotify's latest upgrade, it no longer is possible to "star" a song. I need to clik on "add to playlist" and then select the starred playlist. Is there any way of actually starring directly ? Many thanks, Elisa

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,    Since Spotify's latest upgrade, it no longer is possible to "star" a song. I need to clik on "add to playlist" and then select the starred playlist.    Is there any...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please fix "your music" album tab

Recently got the new "your music" feature. Please could the albums be separate under the album tab with individual artwork instead of having it as one long track listing. Some of us still enjoy flicking thorough album art and browsing our collection ...

• Music Fan
  • Recently got the new "your music" feature. Please could the albums be separate under the album tab with individual artwork instead of having it as one long track listing. Some of us still enjoy f...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Offline Mode - Does it still work when you add songs to Starred playlist?

I don't understand how to use the1 latest version of spotify. When I add tracks to my 'Starred' Playlist which is meant to be available offline the tracks are not downloaded to my iphone. I am greeted with a message that says 'Track Only Available On...

• I don't understand how to use the1 latest version of spotify.   When I add tracks to my 'Starred' Playlist which is meant to be available offline the tracks are not downloaded to my iphone. ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app crashed 4 times today

and that is just today, not including all the other times it crashed. It is also pretty unresponsive and slow when pressing buttons. One time it was playing a song that wasn't even on my playlist when I had my playlist on shuffle play. I was going to...

• Roadie
  • and that is just today, not including all the other times it crashed. It is also pretty unresponsive and slow when pressing buttons. One time it was playing a song that wasn't even on my playlist whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Please fix the ability to skip tracks

I'm using version Spotify 1.0.0.3251 on iOS and I'm having tons of trouble with this new version. Specifically with the ability to skip forward or back through my songs. Whether I’m on my lock screen or in the Spotify app. It takes forever to skip to...

• I'm using version Spotify 1.0.0.3251 on iOS and I'm having tons of trouble with this new version. Specifically with the ability to skip forward or back through my songs. Whether I’m on my lock screen...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

IOS App v1.0 - STILL no ability to view queue as a list?

I know some users have had it for 6 months...it's crazy to me that it took even that long on the old app to get it to everyone, but I thought for sure we'd get it with this big update....Am I missing it, or are we still not able to view the queue in ...

• Gig Goer
  • I know some users have had it for 6 months...it's crazy to me that it took even that long on the old app to get it to everyone, but I thought for sure we'd get it with this big update....Am I missing...
  • cryoflaughter
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

New update is garbage!!!

So I installed the newest Spotify update on my IPhone the other day and I totally regret it. Not only is it confusing, but it manages to freeze up 99% of the time. For instance, when I'm trying to skip a song, it doesn't do so till nearly 5 seconds h...

• Casual Listener
  • So I installed the newest Spotify update on my IPhone the other day and I totally regret it. Not only is it confusing, but it manages to freeze up 99% of the time. For instance, when I'm trying to sk...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

"Your Music" section not viewable on iPhone?!?!

I just updated my spotify on both my iphone and desktop(mac) versions. I migrated all my songs from starred to the songs section in "your music". However, where the hell is the "your music" section in the ios app?!?!?! Spotify, I have been a US subsc...

• I just updated my spotify on both my iphone and desktop(mac) versions. I migrated all my songs from starred to the songs section in "your music". However, where the hell is the "your music" section i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Not happy with iPhone update

I am not really happy with the new update.Sure, it dos look flashy at first, but then again, on the second look there is a collapse of great features.The star function - a one click time saver and on of the best things compared to Deezer and co. - GO...

• Regular
  • I am not really happy with the new update. Sure, it dos look flashy at first, but then again, on the second look there is a collapse of great features. The star function - a one click time saver ...
  • Predata88
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing playlists with ipod nano

I have an ipod nano 6th Gen.my old 2nd gen nano worked perfectly fine, i'd make a playlist and whenever i plugged it in that playlist would also be on my ipod. however i haven't had the same luck with this new ipod. I have a playlist i want on my ipo...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an ipod nano 6th Gen. my old 2nd gen nano worked perfectly fine, i'd make a playlist and whenever i plugged it in that playlist would also be on my ipod. however i haven't had the same luck w...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6th gen
    ipod
    Playlists
    syncing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can you copy your "starred" tracks to "your music?"

I'm a premium user and have accumulated many "starred" tracks, but it does not appear I can add to that list. Has "my music" replaced the "starred" list? Is there a way to copy the entire "starred" list to "my music?"

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a premium user and have accumulated many "starred" tracks, but it does not appear I can add to that list. Has "my music" replaced the "starred" list? Is there a way to copy the entire "starred" ...
  • Sea_Core_Sun
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Spotify update

Wow ! The new update has got the download sharks at websites like C-Net whipped into a frenzy they have got loads of old spotify versions to give away for "Free", and don't foget all the malware they will send down with the old version of spotify, th...

• Regular
  • Wow ! The new update has got the download sharks at websites like C-Net whipped into a frenzy they have got loads of old spotify versions to give away for "Free", and don't foget all the malware...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume limit in new version?

I recently upgraded to the new version of spotify on iOS and it seems that the volume limiter has been set lower than in previous versions? I find myself having to listen to songs on full volume which would previously have been loud enough on 3/4 ful...

• I recently upgraded to the new version of spotify on iOS and it seems that the volume limiter has been set lower than in previous versions? I find myself having to listen to songs on full volume whic...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

It's all going wrong

Spotify, Before the big update ALL was fine. Now It's NOT!!!! All of the familys iPhones are freezing. Not only that the update isn't driver friendly. It's hard to see which albums you have downloaded because the green icon is much smaller now. Would...

• Spotify,   Before the big update ALL was fine.   Now It's NOT!!!!   All of the familys iPhones are freezing.  Not only that the update isn't driver friendly. It's ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS app won't let me search for songs or add to playlists!

Last night I wanted to start a playlist for a party I'm throwing. Everytime I search for a song I get "an Error occurred - try again". When I try to add tracks from previous playlist to the new one, I get "track is unavailable". The tracks from old p...

• Casual Listener
  • Last night I wanted to start a playlist for a party I'm throwing. Everytime I search for a song I get "an Error occurred - try again". When I try to add tracks from previous playlist to the new one,...
  • Km1501
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't pick a song to play

Hi I'm new to spotify, just downloaded on iPhone but can't pick an individual song to play, only git shuffle option

• Hi I'm new to spotify, just downloaded on iPhone but can't pick an individual song to play, only git shuffle option
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New iphone, songs not downloading....???

i had spotify on my other iphone, now i got it on my new iphone... all my playlists came up but when i try and select the "play in offline" they will not start to sync.... whats the problem????????????

• Casual Listener
  • i had spotify on my other iphone, now i got it on my new iphone... all my playlists came up but when i try and select the "play in offline" they will not start to sync.... whats the problem??????????...
  • ThisIsDansk
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New iOS app is terrible

First problem with the app on my iphone 5 is that it starts to synch then for no know reason stops, so I have a half full playlist of downloaded songs and half online only. The only way to get this to kick off again is to restart my phone. Really irr...

• Casual Listener
  • First problem with the app on my iphone 5 is that it starts to synch then for no know reason stops, so I have a half full playlist of downloaded songs and half online only. The only way to get this t...
  • Rhiggins86
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • IOS 7
    terrible
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The NEW iOS Looks Great, but SUCKS!

I like this new design, but there are some major changes that I dislike. MAIN: Man is this new app SLOWWWWWWWWW. I hate trying to switch tracks. Simply going the next song may make it crash on my 4S or 5S. This is ridiculous. There are tons of bugs i...

• Casual Listener
  • I like this new design, but there are some major changes that I dislike.   MAIN:  Man is this new app SLOWWWWWWWWW.  I hate trying to switch tracks.  Simply going the next son...
  • langle
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes

Do local tracks take up disk space?

I have over 4,000 local songs synced to Spotify desktop, and now I am syncing them to my iPod. Will this take up my disk space on my ipod?

• Casual Listener
  • I have over 4,000 local songs synced to Spotify desktop, and now I am syncing them to my iPod. Will this take up my disk space on my ipod? 
  • JohnManly
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes