Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Spotify Ipod syncing madness

I've been having a few problems syncing music to my new Ipod touch 5th gen. I am a premium user and have synced all of my music to my computer and yet spotify will not allow me to sync files from my computer to my Ipod, all non local files are being ...

• Gig Goer
  • I've been having a few problems syncing music to my new Ipod touch 5th gen. I am a premium user and have synced all of my music to my computer and yet spotify will not allow me to sync files from my ...
  • MargSimpson
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Airplay stuttering

Hi! I have a problem concerning stuttering when im using airpay to stream spotify music through Boxee-box to my stereo. I can't seem to find what causes it. The boxee box is connected to the router through ethernet. It's a wireless-n router and a Ipa...

• Hi!   I have a problem concerning stuttering when im using airpay to stream spotify music through Boxee-box to my stereo. I can't seem to find what causes it.   The boxee box is con...
  • ADS13
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist subscribers followers not updating on the iPhone Spotify and Tunigo app

I have a playlist that shows 150 followers presently on the Spotify app on my Mac, but on the iPhone Spotify app when browsing playlist in the workout section - the playlist has been frozen since 68 followers. The same thing on Tunigo app - the subsc...

• Regular
  • ...ince 68 followers. The same thing on Tunigo app - the subscribers is frozen at 68. Any one else with this issue? The playlist is designated Public and was first shared on Tunigo. 
  • DrCleon
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
    subscribers
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 4 in Skoda with MDI

Hi, this might apply also to Volkswagen and Audi drivers.I recently received my new car with a radio navigation unit called Columbus. The iPhone is connected to this unit with a cable in the so called MDI interface. This interface should make it poss...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, this might apply also to Volkswagen and Audi drivers. I recently received my new car with a radio navigation unit called Columbus. The iPhone is connected to this unit with a cable in the so cal...
  • Terry88
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify doesn't through car USB after updating to iOS 7

Spotify worked great in my car until I upgraded to iOS 7. Now it plays for a few seconds and then it stops and says that there's a connection error. The main reason I pay for premium subscription is so that I can use this on my phone, and now it is p...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify worked great in my car until I upgraded to iOS 7. Now it plays for a few seconds and then it stops and says that there's a connection error. The main reason I pay for premium subscription is ...
  • dedwards3311
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

How do you search your playlists?

I know they are never going to let you alphabetize them so is there a way to search your playlist?

• Roadie
  • I know they are never going to let you alphabetize them so is there a way to search your playlist? 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to turn off noises

So when I play spotify on my phone, whenever I skip to the next song spotify make a very loud "bleep" noise. Now, I play my music loud and this means that "bleep" sound is also loud. Infact it's louder than my music and it makes my ears bleed! How do...

• Regular
  • So when I play spotify on my phone, whenever I skip to the next song spotify make a very loud "bleep" noise. Now, I play my music loud and this means that "bleep" sound is also loud. Infact it's loud...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash avec/with new update (FR)

Bonjour, je rencontre un problème récurrent depuis l'apparition de "découvertes" : le lancement de l'appli sur iPhone 4S (ios6) se fait toujours via cet onglet et ça crashe dans 100% des cas. Impossible d'écouter en ligne ou de faire une recherche sa...

• Bonjour, je rencontre un problème récurrent depuis l'apparition de "découvertes" : le lancement de l'appli sur iPhone 4S (ios6) se fait toujours via cet onglet et ça crashe dans 100% des cas. Impossi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ios 6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Radio Not Working on iOS7

I am unable to access the radio after I upgraded to iOS7, I am currently on spotify version 7.5. Even after multiple deletions and reinstalls, I am not able to access the radio, all I get is a blank screen.

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to access the radio after I upgraded to iOS7, I am currently on spotify version 7.5.   Even after multiple deletions and reinstalls, I am not able to access the radio, all I get ...
  • Dannycap77
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't push Playlists

Hello, I have a huge problem in synching my Ipod and my iPhone on spotify Premium. I created some playlists on my Mac - they don't appear on spotify on my devices. I'm in the same wifi with all devices. Even if I use USB, the devices don't show up on...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I have a huge problem in synching my Ipod and my iPhone on spotify Premium.  I created some playlists on my Mac - they don't appear on spotify on my devices. I'm in the same wifi with...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only Edited Music Available

Why on my iOS version of spotify am I only seeing the edited versions of songs? I love Jay-Z's new album and can listen to it unedited on my Mac but not on my iPhone how do I fix this?

• Why on my iOS version of spotify am I only seeing the edited versions of songs? I love Jay-Z's new album and can listen to it unedited on my Mac but not on my iPhone how do I fix this?
  • Ty1911
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iPhone 4S with car USB random disconnects (Opel Insignia and Honda Accord)

I have two cars: Opel Insignia MY10 and Honda Accord MY08. In both cars spotify connected via USB works fine for some time and then from the speakers goes sound like "blip" and the music stops playing. To restore the music, I have to disconnect the c...

• I have two cars: Opel Insignia MY10 and Honda Accord MY08. In both cars spotify connected via USB works fine for some time and then from the speakers goes sound like "blip" and the music stops p...
  • Cnixon19842002
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

iOS 7, spotify update crash

Hi all! I work with iOS 7 and my phone just upgraded spotify automatically (new function). But now the app doesn't open or even finish the installation! The pictogram is dark (like while installing an update) and doesn't react when clicked on. In the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all! I work with iOS 7 and my phone just upgraded spotify automatically (new function). But now the app doesn't open or even finish the installation! The pictogram is dark (like while installing a...
  • Enginepe
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

playlists created on Mac don't push to iOS

Hey support folks! Since i started to use Spotify I am bothered that when i create a playlist on my Mac it is not automatically pushed to my iPhone - I always have to grab my phone force quit of the Spotify app and restart to force a sync of the play...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey support folks!   Since i started to use Spotify I am bothered that when i create a playlist on my Mac it is not automatically pushed to my iPhone - I always have to grab my phone force q...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Any way to sync an ipod while also using it as a hotspot?

I'm using an iphone 4s, and it's my only internet connection. I turn the hotspot option on when I need something downloaded onto my computer, but it seems as though I've run into an obstacle when it comes to syncing my device with Spotify. Since the ...

• I'm using an iphone 4s, and it's my only internet connection. I turn the hotspot option on when I need something downloaded onto my computer, but it seems as though I've run into an obstacle when it ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 5 freezes up when i run

Every time I go for a run it freezes up half way in and i have to turn the phone off and then back on and it works. Also about 1 out 5-6 times i try to listen it refuses to play and i turn the phone off and then back on and it works.

• Regular
  • Every time I go for a run it freezes up half way in and i have to turn the phone off and then back on and it works.  Also about 1 out 5-6 times i try to listen it refuses to play and i turn the ...
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Is spotify fully compatible with Alpine cde-w235bt

I wanna buy new car receiver and I've looked into the alpine w235bt, does anyone have it and can tell if it works well with spotify and iOS 7? display track ID and let you control spotify through the unit (pause, play, skip)? Or do you have a suggest...

• I wanna buy new car receiver and I've looked into the alpine w235bt, does anyone have it and can tell if it works well with spotify and iOS 7? display track ID and let you control spotify through the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will re-initialize / crash every time it gets interrupted (by a call or otherwise)

Multitasking is not working for me. Say I am listening to an offline playlist (while being online with whatever 3G connection I am having) and I have an incoming call. Even if I answer or not the moment I get back to Spotify it will be at a state lik...

• Multitasking is not working for me.   Say I am listening to an offline playlist (while being online with whatever 3G connection I am having) and I have an incoming call. Even if I answer or ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app not working on iPhone 4s

The spotify app is not working on the iPhone 4s. It opens but nothing loads-it's just a blank gray screen. I have tried deleting and redownloading the app multiple times with no success. I am a premium customer and the only reason I pay $10 dollars a...

• The spotify app is not working on the iPhone 4s.  It opens but nothing loads-it's just a blank gray screen.  I have tried deleting and redownloading the app multiple times with no success.&...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone and "Devices"

Do you need to have the phone connected to the WiFi to have it show up in devices?From what I can see there's no way to sync it like one would do with an iPod (just connect to PC).

• Casual Listener
  • Do you need to have the phone connected to the WiFi to have it show up in devices? From what I can see there's no way to sync it like one would do with an iPod (just connect to PC). 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes