Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Like icon not showing

Solved!

Like icon not showing

Hello!
Over time, the like (like icon) on some songs you like disappears, mainly on songs that were added to your "liked songs" a long time ago, while the song remains in your "liked songs", but the fact that the song is added to your "liked songs" is not displayed anywhere: in any playlist, on page of the artist of the song, and therefore it turns out that I can add the same song 2 times to my "liked songs". As a perfectionist, this is very difficult for me to accept, and besides, it is confusing when you are looking for new tracks, and there is no heart icon on the track that has already been added. Help solve this issue. The problem has existed for a long time, on all versions of applications on different platforms, friends also encountered this The screenshots show an example of the problem.

244.png
241.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Shenkmann,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

Looks like the artist or their label has uploaded the same album twice. Every entity uploaded on Spotify has its own link which servers as a unique identifier, so it's possible to like both albums, as they have different URIs. This also means that one of these instances may still show up as not liked, despite you having already saved the other one in Your Library,

Some artists may be doing this for a greater reach to their audience by having one instance of the album show up only on their artist page, and the other one only in curated playlists. Still, if you think that this is something that needs to be looked into, it's worth reaching out to our internal teams by following the steps here.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Shenkmann,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

Looks like the artist or their label has uploaded the same album twice. Every entity uploaded on Spotify has its own link which servers as a unique identifier, so it's possible to like both albums, as they have different URIs. This also means that one of these instances may still show up as not liked, despite you having already saved the other one in Your Library,

Some artists may be doing this for a greater reach to their audience by having one instance of the album show up only on their artist page, and the other one only in curated playlists. Still, if you think that this is something that needs to be looked into, it's worth reaching out to our internal teams by following the steps here.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify needs to rectify this. I have been using iTunes, Spotify, etc. since the inception of music streaming and have never had this issue of multiple "instances" of the same song existing on a platform. It makes finding new music or even keeping track of what you have already liked frustrating and tedious. I have had over 3 instances of one song by an artist in my Liked Songs because artists upload songs in multiple singles, albums, deluxe editions, and now this "re-upload/multiple instances of the same song" issue. Liked songs do not show as liked on artist pages, when coming up in new playlists, etc., leading you to like a song multiple times or think you have not liked a song before when it is in your playlists. Blaming the artists is a copout and Spotify needs to fix this.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell inspiron 5490 AIO

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I have a senior customer who I've set up with Spotify desktop app after legacy Napster recently broke in a way he needed. In the week since I was last over, he's tried liking songs which has been working. However he likes to listen to music by listening to all his liked songs by an artist at a time.

The issue we're running into is that when he uses the heart like on the media controller along the bottom, and sometimes in the queue, the songs are not added to "liked songs" on the artist page. If I like a song from the top 10 list it seems to always work, and most of the time it seems to work if I do it from inside the album page.

At the time of writing, he's running Spotify Music version 1.221.1104.0 on windows 11 22h2.

I have done some googling and didn't run into anyone having quite this problem. I have done a basic uninstall and reinstall through windows, but it hasn't helped the situation.

A solution that comes to mind would be to add to custom artist playlists, but I fear that would complicate things too much for him, and there doesn't seem to be a way to add to playlists from the media controller on the bottom of the app.

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Operating System

Windows 10.

My Question or Issue

Deleted "like" marks I gave to songs in 2017 or earlier. They appear in the list of songs that I like of the artist but in the album there is no like mark.

Even, if I mark it again with "like" it is duplicated in the list of songs that I like of the artist.

Liked List.jpg
Disc.jpg
Double.jpg

Plan

Premium Duo

Operating System

macOS

For several weeks now, the Spotify app doesn't display some of my liked songs as liked. If I like them again (green checkmark), they end up being listed twice in my list of liked songs. I currently have close to 4100 liked songs and this issue shows on both Android 14 and macOS Sonoma (Spotify version 1.2.30.1135.g02fef27a).
I have cleared the app cache on both systems and logged out and in again on the macOS app. To no avail. 

I am also aware that if the same song is reissued, it is technically a different song but those affected are simple the same songs over again.

Any idea why this happens?

Suggested posts