Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify Radio playing tracks I've Thumbs down

I have given about 50 tracks a thumbs down but they still play. How do I fix this?

• Gig Goer
  • I have given about 50 tracks a thumbs down but they still play. How do I fix this?
  • nobodyfamous
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify on my ipod touch 4g

Hi @ll, unfortunately Spotify doesn´t work on my Ipod Touch 4g. I connect it per USB-Cable with my Laptop where I installed Spotify a few days ago. Under "devices" (German: Geräte) my Ipod doesn´t appear... It also doesn´t work when I change the USB-...

• Hi @ll,   unfortunately Spotify doesn´t work on my Ipod Touch 4g. I connect it per USB-Cable with my Laptop where I installed Spotify a few days ago. Under "devices" (German: Geräte) my Ip...
  • jeanettept
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I turn shuffle off on my iphone?!

I pressed the shuffle button on a playlist, it worked fine. Now I was to listen to that playlist in the normal order and I cannot turn the shuffle off. If I press the shuffle button it just skips to a different song. Am I missing something? Please he...

• I pressed the shuffle button on a playlist, it worked fine. Now I was to listen to that playlist in the normal order and I cannot turn the shuffle off. If I press the shuffle button it just skips to ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The audio gets softer after update

The audio gets very soft after the update on 4/6/2015. I don't know why but it gets a lot softer and muffled. It used to be loud and clear but after updating, I was really impressed at how soft and muffled the songs have become. I hope Spotify will f...

• Casual Listener
  • The audio gets very soft after the update on 4/6/2015. I don't know why but it gets a lot softer and muffled. It used to be loud and clear but after updating, I was really impressed at how soft and m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not Recognizing iPad Gen 1

Hello Future Savior! I have Spotify on my iPad 1st Gen, Mac & iPhone. All 3 are on the same Wifi network however only the Mac & iPhone communicate with each other as devices I can switch between using Spotify Connect. I've reinstalled the Spotify app...

• Hello Future Savior!   I have Spotify on my iPad 1st Gen, Mac & iPhone. All 3 are on the same Wifi network however only the Mac & iPhone communicate with each other as devices I can sw...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! QUESTION

is it possible for too ppl to share accounts and listen to music on two different devices at the sametime?

• is it possible for too ppl to share accounts and listen to music on two different devices at the sametime?
  • An212
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to go to specific album or artist on IOS app

DescriptionOn the mobile app, whenever I try to navigate to a specific album or artist that I have saved, instead of directing me to that artist/album, I am instead redirected to the user profile for "Robert Andersson". I have never visited nor heard...

• Casual Listener
  •     Description On the mobile app, whenever I try to navigate to a specific album or artist that I have saved, instead of directing me to that artist/album, I am instead redirected to th...
  • kattmeary
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mobile Won't Let Me Share Songs With Friends

I was trying to "Share" a song with a friend. I clicked the options tab next to the song, selected "Share", "Send To", then "Select People". When I got to this page there was no one to select to send the song to. I follow 3 people so I know that I am...

• I was trying to "Share" a song with a friend.  I clicked the options tab next to the song, selected "Share", "Send To", then "Select People".  When I got to this page there was no one to se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify running and other new features not available on latest version

I want to use the new running feature but apparently it's only available to some users? Why is this? I pay for premium and can't get the new features that were supposedly released 9 days ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled app 3 times. I am in th...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to use the new running feature but apparently it's only available to some users? Why is this? I pay for premium and can't get the new features that were supposedly released 9 days ago. I have ...
  • reedc
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

New 'compilations' don't appear in iOS Spotify app

I am logged into a premium account that has been working great, until my friend had asked me if I had downloaded a new release of J. Cole's (new on spotify anyways)... It won't appear on the 'artist's page'. I've made sure I was online, restarted the...

• I am logged into a premium account that has been working great, until my friend had asked me if I had downloaded a new release of J. Cole's (new on spotify anyways)... It won't appear on the 'artist'...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Right artist wrong song!!

I tried to download a song from an artist, a song downloaded from the correct artist , but it was a song of theirs I did not want, help? I have an iPhone 4s

• I tried to download a song from an artist, a song downloaded from the correct artist , but it was a song of theirs I did not want, help? I have an iPhone 4s
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6+ / iOS 8 Offline Mode No Longer Working

I've had Spotify Premium for a number of years on various phones and OSs and up until about 2 months ago it worked wonderfully on my iPhone 6+. However when I choose "Save" on an album or playlsit it only donwloads a sporadic number of songs (at best...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had Spotify Premium for a number of years on various phones and OSs and up until about 2 months ago it worked wonderfully on my iPhone 6+. However when I choose "Save" on an album or playlsit it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to remove notifications on iPhone after message is read?

My Spoity icon on my iPhone 5 indicates I have 13 messages (or, is it just 13 generic notifications? Not sure, but probably makes no difference.) It's been like this for MONTHS. It does not update when I actually get new messages or notifications. It...

• Gig Goer
  • My Spoity icon on my iPhone 5 indicates I have 13 messages (or, is it just 13 generic notifications? Not sure, but probably makes no difference.) It's been like this for MONTHS. It does not update wh...
  • JoelWhy
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Connect radio pioneer android

Hello!!! I have a problem when listen music in my car. It have a radio pionner avh-x2650bt and mi phone is S5. When I hear music in my phone with spotify on the screen of the car radio information from the original player of the phone and not of Spot...

• Visitor
  • Hello!!!   I have a problem when listen music in my car. It have a radio pionner avh-x2650bt and mi phone is S5.   When I hear music in my phone with spotify on the screen of the c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Edited albums

So I'm seriously thinking of canceling my subscription because I can't find edited versions of albums. I listen to a ton of rap but would prefer not to have the cursing when my kids are riding, but it's nearly impossible to find edited versions on th...

• Casual Listener
  • So I'm seriously thinking of canceling my subscription because I can't find edited versions of albums. I listen to a ton of rap but would prefer not to have the cursing when my kids are riding, but i...
  • Gasman77494
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Running] feature doesn't work

Descriptionclick into Running tab on iPhone6 with iOS8.3, screen shows "Error Occurs" in chinese "發生錯誤" A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. Open Spotify2. click Running3. nothing What I expected to happenRunning feature, at least a bu...

2015-06-04 18.31.06.png 2015-06-04 18.31.10.png
  • Description click into Running tab on iPhone6 with iOS8.3, screen shows "Error Occurs" in chinese "發生錯誤"   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Open Spotify 2. cli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shared Songs (Mobile) Not showing up on Desktop

I sent a song to a friend through the mobile app but it isn't showing up in my desktop inbox. Has it still been shared?

• I sent a song to a friend through the mobile app but it isn't showing up in my desktop inbox. Has it still been shared?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

0.5gb in 40 mins?

Is it normal for spotify to take 0.5gb in 40 min of my mobildata? Previously i could listen for weeks on my 10gb. Now i have used 30gb in 3 weeks? What can i do and what is the problem? If it is a problem.

• Is it normal for spotify to take 0.5gb in 40 min of my mobildata? Previously i could listen for weeks on my 10gb. Now i have used 30gb in 3 weeks? What can i do and what is the problem? If it is a pr...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Interested in saving energy? Spotify Connect is not how to do it

On my powered speaker, it has Airplay and Spotify Connect.It says in the speaker manual: "During use of AirPlay… input, if no music is played or this unit’s controls are not operated for 20 minutes or more, the unit’s power will automatically be swit...

• Gig Goer
  • On my powered speaker, it has Airplay and Spotify Connect. It says in the speaker manual:  "During use of AirPlay… input, if no music is played or this unit’s controls are not operat...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Turn off cross-device control

If I'm playing music on one thing, I don't want it to start playing somewhere else. I don't know when this 'feature' got added but it's a total nightmare. Here's the problem: I have Spotify on my desktop at work, as well as installed on my mobile. I ...

• Gig Goer
  • If I'm playing music on one thing, I don't want it to start playing somewhere else. I don't know when this 'feature' got added but it's a total nightmare.    Here's the problem: I ha...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • bug
    control
    cross-device
    internet of things
    iOS
    rubbish feature
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes