Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

I cannot see the names of the people who added songs to my collaborative playlist.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11Operating Systemwhatever the most up-to-date IOS is My Question or Issuei can’t see the names of the other people who have added to my collaborative playlist. my name shows up on the songs i have added, b...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11 Operating System whatever the most up-to-date IOS is   My Question or Issue i can’t see the names of the other people who have added...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

In 2020, somebody wants to sell me his ipod touch 4g 32 gb, i'd be able to install the Spotify app?

PlanPremiumCountryPeru Device(iPod Touch 4g 32 gb)Operating System(iOS 6.1.6) My Question or IssueI'm using Premium. And I have an LG FB166 suitable for Ipods (with the old 30-pin) and no bluetooth. My only chance is giving an opportunity with an ipo...

• Gig Goer
  •   Plan Premium Country Peru    Device (iPod Touch 4g 32 gb) Operating System (iOS 6.1.6)   My Question or Issue I'm using Premium. And I have an LG FB166 suitable for ...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apps
    ipod touch
    iPod touch 4th Gen
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Spotify only plays Kelly Clarkson

PremiumCanadaiPhone 7 iOS 13.3.1 I can play one song I choose, but then any song after that is by Kelly Clarkson. This happens when I’m in one of my playlists or picking random songs. If it hit “next” I get more Kelly Clarkson. If I hit “back” I get ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Canada iPhone 7  iOS 13.3.1   I can play one song I choose, but then any song after that is by Kelly Clarkson. This happens when I’m in one of my playlists or picking random so...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping Songs From One Album

Plan - FamilyFree/Premium - PremiumCountry - United States Device - iPhone XROperating System- iOS 10 My Question or Issue - Why does it randomly skip every song from a Steven Universe album? My phone’s not glitchy so I don’t think it’s that.

• Visitor
  • Plan - Family Free/Premium - Premium Country - United States   Device - iPhone XR Operating System- iOS 10   My Question or Issue - Why does it randomly skip every song from a Steven...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music

I’m new to Spotify when I click on the play button of an album I searched for it just plays a shuffled version of that bands music how do I get it to play the album

• Visitor
  • I’m new to Spotify when I click on the play button of an album I searched for it just plays a shuffled version of that bands music how do I get it to play the album  
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not found

Hi, so I had Spotify free plan then recently subscribed to a premium plan and when I logged out then logged back in my playlists that I've created are now gone. I tried going into setting>playback>offline waiting 5-10 minutes. But still nothing I don...

• Visitor
  • Hi, so I had Spotify free plan then recently subscribed to a premium plan and when I logged out then logged back in my playlists that I've created are now gone. I tried going into setting>playback...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App crashing turning car mode off

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

• Casual Listener
  •   None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galax...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not syncing to iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 6s Plus, HP Pavilion)Operating System(iOS 13.4.1, Windows 10)My Question or IssueI have done all the steps to sync my local files to my iPhone and they still haven't showed up. 1. Both devices are on the s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 6s Plus, HP Pavilion) Operating System (iOS 13.4.1, Windows 10) My Question or Issue I have done all the steps to sync my local files to my ...
  • prod2019
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stops playing randomly on iPad

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPad ProOperating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueSpotify stops playing at random times on iPad. Will stop when screen shuts off, changing apps, or if the app is left open. Have reset the iPad multiple times, force clo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPad Pro Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue Spotify stops playing at random times on iPad.  Will stop when screen shuts off, changi...
  • tboehmmd
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue is Not Clearing - Can’t Play a New Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or Issue The queue doesn’t clear when I select a new playlist or radio station - it adds the station or playlist to the bottom of my queue instead, reverting back to a prior playl...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue   The queue doesn’t clear when I select a new playlist or radio station - it adds...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I cant find videos on spotify. I can also only see the podcast button, no sight of any video feature

PlanPremiumCountry AustriaDevice(iPhone SE)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue Video feature

• Plan Premium Country  Austria Device (iPhone SE) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue  Video feature
  • YaDavv
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mini Cooper F56 - Steering controls

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone XR My Question or IssueHi, I’m part of a Mini owners club with over 2000 Mini Cooper owners. And we all are very sad that Spotify has broken the ability to skip songs via the steering wheel. It was possible some years ago but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone XR   My Question or Issue Hi, I’m part of a Mini owners club with over 2000 Mini Cooper owners. And we all are very sad that Spotify has broken the ability to sk...
  • Rockah
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mini
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where’s the follow button on the iPhone app?

Ever since the update, I can't find the follow button for playlists on the iPhone app. Could someone tell me where to find it? Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the update, I can't find the follow button for playlists on the iPhone app. Could someone tell me where to find it? Thank you! 
  • Sparkjoymusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • follow playlist
    iphone
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Connect to sonos speakers still not working

PlanPremiumUSA DeviceiPhone SE 2020Operating SystemiOS 13.4.1 My Question or IssueConnection to my Sonos stopped working a couple of days ago. Although I see from other posts that you consider this resolved, I have what may be a unique issue. From fo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium USA   Device iPhone SE 2020 Operating System iOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue Connection to my Sonos stopped working a couple of days ago.  Although I see from ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug Report: iOS (iPad) bounceback not fully inplemented

Hi there! i'm not able to start a topic in ongoing issues... so maybe a moderator is able to move this for me? DeviceiPad Pro 11 inch 2020Operating System(iPadOS 13.4.1) My Question or Issuesee this GIF for this weird broken bounceback!

• Hi there!   i'm not able to start a topic in ongoing issues... so maybe a moderator is able to move this for me?    Device iPad Pro 11 inch 2020 Operating System (iPadOS 13.4.1)...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Couldn’t load the page

PlanPremiumCountryGBDevice(iPhone XR,samsung galaxy s10)Operating System(iOS13,) Hello i use Spotify on my iphone and samsung phone my samsung device work spotify well but my i phone couldn’t load i check everything even internet connection but my sp...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country GB Device (iPhone XR,samsung galaxy s10) Operating System (iOS13,)     Hello i use Spotify on my iphone and samsung phone my samsung device work spoti...
  • itsmenima_
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to go into liked songs album.

I can click on my liked songs album and a random song will play, but I can’t look at the actual album. It says “Spotify can’t open this type of link on this device”. I used the album not even an hour ago and it worked correctly! PlanPremiumCountryUSA...

• Casual Listener
  • I can click on my liked songs album and a random song will play, but I can’t look at the actual album. It says “Spotify can’t open this type of link on this device”.  I used the album not even a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No songs will play when searched for in 'Liked Songs"

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 13.4.1 My Question or IssueThis has been an issue for a long time now; when I search for a song in my liked songs, none of the displayed results play when tapping them so I then have ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue This has been an issue for a long time now; when I search for a song in my liked...
  • mbmb123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Will local files downloaded to a different phone that’s on my account be accessible from my phone?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone X, my girlfriend has a Mac bookOperating SystemIOS 1.13.1 i don’t have access to a computer so I can’t put local files on my Spotify account and sync them to my phone. But if my girlfriend uses her compute...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country United States  Device iPhone X, my girlfriend has a Mac book Operating System IOS 1.13.1  i don’t have access to a computer so I can’t put local files o...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can’t log in to my account using my username and password even if I memorized them what do I do

I can’t log in to my account using my username and password. I can’t use my email cause I forgot what email I used. Even though I know the username and password are correct it said it is not correct. Pls help me Cuz I just paid Premium for that accou...

• Visitor
  • I can’t log in to my account using my username and password. I can’t use my email cause I forgot what email I used. Even though I know the username and password are correct it said it is not correct....
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes