iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug when adding songs to queue draging from left to right

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or Issue Hello everyone! If if try to add a song to the queue draging from left to right while using offline mode the song is not added to the queue. The only way to fix th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue   Hello everyone!   If if try to add a song to the queue draging from le...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes on opening

PremiumiPhone 6s PlusI have the latest version of the app.The app shows the normal opening screen (only the logo), but crashes shortly after. I have restarted my phone twice and offloaded and reloaded the app.I can use spotify on my other devices.

• Premium iPhone 6s Plus I have the latest version of the app. The app shows the normal opening screen (only the logo), but crashes shortly after. I have restarted my phone twice and offloaded and r...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Spotify Update (8.5.2)

I opened up Spotify this morning to find.. well... no home screen. It’s just the search tab, the library tab, and the premium info tab at the bottom now. Don’t know if this is my phone (it’s an iPhone 6s, and I’ve never had problems with Spotify befo...

• I opened up Spotify this morning to find.. well... no home screen. It’s just the search tab, the library tab, and the premium info tab at the bottom now. Don’t know if this is my phone (it’s an iPhon...
  • Ethan_Moore004
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle artist doesn’t stick to the same artist

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI was trying to shuffle with one specific artist (Marteria) this morning as I often do. Instead of working like normal, it would either play one marteria song and swi...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue I was trying to shuffle with one specific artist (Marteria) this morning as I often do. In...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Siri not playing songs through Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueRecently Spotify has stopped working with Siri. I'll request a song and it will say "I can't play this on Spotify. Here's the track on Apple Music instead" and the track...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device IPhone XR Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue Recently Spotify has stopped working with Siri. I'll request a song and it will say "I can't ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle play for Discover Weekly.

After application an update I no longer have the option to turn off shuffle play for Discover Weekly. Please return this feature. Thank you.

• After application an update I no longer have the option to turn off shuffle play for Discover Weekly. Please return this feature. Thank you.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Force re-connect to a foreign device

I'm on an iPhone 6 and pay for Premium service. When streaming music I typically can listen for 30 -45 mins and then my music turns off while the app stays open. When I try to play my music again by hitting the play button, the app will mysteriously ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on an iPhone 6 and pay for Premium service. When streaming music I typically can listen for 30 -45 mins and then my music turns off while the app stays open. When I try to play my music again by ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing when turning screen off

PlanFamilyCountryUkDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemIos 12.2 My Question or IssueMy phone continues playing the last played playlist after I have stopped the music (either manually pausing or after disconnecting from my car Bluetooth) when I lock or eve...

•   Plan Family Country Uk Device iPhone X Operating System Ios 12.2   My Question or Issue My phone continues playing the last played playlist after I have stopped the music (eith...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Acidental block

This is driving me nuts, i accidentaly blocked an artist id never heard in discovery, i liked the song and clicked block accidentaly. Its insane to me that its impossible to view a list of blocked content to review it. I dont know who the artist was ...

• This is driving me nuts, i accidentaly blocked an artist id never heard in discovery, i liked the song and clicked block accidentaly. Its insane to me that its impossible to view a list of blocked co...
  • splody
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Artist
    Block
    blocked
    list
    preferences
    settings
    unblock
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

iOS Spotify App Remote SDK Feature - setAutoplay(enabled:)

Users can set their Spotify autoplay preferences in the Spotify mobile app at Home Tab > Settings Icon > Playback > Autoplay Toggle. Would it be possible to add this functionality to the Spotify iOS App Remote SDK? This would be helpful for 3rd party...

• Regular
  • Users can set their Spotify autoplay preferences in the Spotify mobile app at Home Tab > Settings Icon > Playback > Autoplay Toggle. Would it be possible to add this functionality to the Spo...
  • Kaminsk13
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • app remote
    iOS
    SDK
    swift
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files are broken yet again.

PremiumiPhone XsAll of my local files were working fine up to a month or two ago, when they all stopped working on my phone. I thought I'd give it time and see if it would fix itself because I literally did nothing to cause this, but alas, no problem...

• Regular
  • Premium iPhone Xs All of my local files were working fine up to a month or two ago, when they all stopped working on my phone. I thought I'd give it time and see if it would fix itself because I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist skips 20-30 seconds into each song

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6 in combination with Windows 10 desktop playerOperating SystemiOS 12 / Windows 10 My Question or IssueI connect my bluetooth headphones to my phone to play music at work since my work computer doesn't have bluetooth...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6 in combination with Windows 10 desktop player Operating System iOS 12 / Windows 10   My Question or Issue I connect my bluetooth headphones to ...
  • tjhaight
  • Casual Listener
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Playlist Bug

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceIPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemIOS 12.2 My Question or Issue Every time I go to edit my 9000+ song playlist it crashes once I reach a certain point in my playlist. It would’ve much easier if we were able to search a song in a ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device IPhone 7 Plus Operating System IOS 12.2   My Question or Issue   Every time I go to edit my 9000+ song playlist it crashes once I reach a c...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Library Song Search Bug

PlanPremiumCountryAustriaDeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 12.2App Version8.5.2.666 My Question or IssueIn the song search for saved songs (library) the entered text is not shown. It only appears when I scroll down a bit. Sometimes it does work norm...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Austria Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 12.2 App Version 8.5.2.666   My Question or Issue In the song search for saved songs (library) the entered text is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Album Tracklists Do Not Load

For the last few weeks I have not been able to listen to my offline albums when I have no Internet connection (e. g. on the train / plane). All I get is a black screen (ref. attached screenshot) which makes me think it is trying and obviously failing...

• Casual Listener
  • For the last few weeks I have not been able to listen to my offline albums when I have no Internet connection (e. g. on the train / plane). All I get is a black screen (ref. attached screenshot) whic...
  • MaNuPF
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • album
    iPhone XS Max
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Podcast do not continue playing where it stop after broadcasting to google Home

PlanPremiumCountry USA DeviceIphone XROperating SystemiOS 12.2App version 8.5.1.1085My Question or Issue There is something that is annoying me everytime when I play a podcast.If I am at home, I like to broadcast to my google home and let it playing ...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device Iphone XR Operating System iOS 12.2 App version 8.5.1.1085 My Question or Issue   There is something that is annoying me everytime when I play...
  • DeMantis
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • podcast googlehome
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Interface Issue

lanPremiumCountryARGENTINADeviceiPhone 7 plus My Question Good MorningI've got a question on the spotify interface... My friend has IOs and has a different "spotify" ... attached are 2 screenshots can someone tell me why mine is different? is there a...

• Casual Listener
  • lan Premium Country ARGENTINA Device iPhone 7 plus   My Question    Good Morning I've got a question on the spotify interface...  My friend has IOs and has a different ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t play music on CarPlay

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueHi!When I connect my iPhone to CarPlay and put music on through Spotify, it plays for two seconds before the music stops. On the car display it looks as if the music...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue Hi! When I connect my iPhone to CarPlay and put music on through Spotify, it play...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Album view doesn't filter out unsaved songs

For a few weeks now, on Spotify for iOS, my library's album view doesn't filter out unsaved songs from an album. This makes me have to scroll through a ton of songs I don't want from an album. It will also play the full album, not just the songs from...

• Regular
  • For a few weeks now, on Spotify for iOS, my library's album view doesn't filter out unsaved songs from an album.  This makes me have to scroll through a ton of songs I don't want from an album.&...
  • socaldrummer
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution IPad won’t allow shuffle , press shuffle icon and it changes to pause

I am on an IPad and Spotify has been working great until now. It is a problem on both our IPads. I will have a playlist and it plays in order fine but when I hit the shuffle icon, it won’t shuffle instead the icon becomes a pause icon. Please has any...

• Regular
  • I am on an IPad and Spotify has been working great until now. It is a problem on both our IPads. I will have a playlist and it plays in order fine but when I hit the shuffle icon, it won’t shuffle in...
  • Dene111
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes