Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Add to Queue swipe-gesture not working on Artist page

My Question or IssueThe Add to Queue swipe-gesture is broke on the Artist's profile page where they show the top songs. How do I report this problem? DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12 Premium plan (Ironic that premium members get zero support serv...

• Regular
  •   My Question or Issue The Add to Queue swipe-gesture is broke on the Artist's profile page where they show the top songs.   How do I report this problem?   Device iPhone X...
  • Letterblak
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Arists
    problems
    Que songs. New uppdate
    Queue bug
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound when using Spotify on Apple HomePod

I’ve been using Spotify on my iOS device ( 8 plus - iOS 12.1.2) to stream the sound through my HomePod for a long time now. About two weeks ago Spotify sound just stopped, it shows that it is connected but no audio come out the HomePod. I have isolat...

• I’ve been using Spotify on my iOS device ( 8 plus - iOS 12.1.2) to stream the sound through my HomePod for a long time now. About two weeks ago Spotify sound just stopped, it shows that it is connect...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Connect to car via Bluetooth turns off Shuffle and enables repeat - only recently

In the last week or so as soon as my phone connects to my Audi A1 via Bluetooth it disables Shuffle and enables Repeat - this is very irratating to say the least and could be dangerous if someone was to change it back when driving! PlanPremiumCountry...

• In the last week or so as soon as my phone connects to my Audi A1 via Bluetooth it disables Shuffle and enables Repeat - this is very irratating to say the least and could be dangerous if someon...
  • Vos18
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Playlist/Album - sometimes the first song skips

Has anyone else had the issue where you listen to an album or playlist, you press play and the first song is skipped? This doesn’t happen all the time but now and then. I have logged in and out but no difference. UK ios (fully updated)

• Casual Listener
  • Has anyone else had the issue where you listen to an album or playlist, you press play and the first song is skipped?   This doesn’t happen all the time but now and then. I have logged in and ...
  • Matthewcherry
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 2019 and Webplayer is still broken

Webplayer is not playing any songs on any browsers.What I have done to try resolving the issue.- Deleted Cookies and All Temp Files many times.- Disabled Antivirus and Firewall- Reset TCPIP and Winsock Catalog- Toggled offline mode- Tried incognito m...

• Regular
  •   Webplayer is not playing any songs on any browsers. What I have done to try resolving the issue. - Deleted Cookies and All Temp Files many times. - Disabled Antivirus and Firewall - Reset...
  • Jiansarys
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some local files wont download iOS

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone XROperating System(iOS 12.1.1 My Question or Issue Loads of my local files won't download onto my iPhone when syncing even though some do. It's not a matter of file type because it's seemingly random as to whether or...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone XR Operating System (iOS 12.1.1   My Question or Issue  Loads of my local files won't download onto my iPhone when syncing even though ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

The "heart" icon is back 😒

The + button to add/save songs has turned into a heart. This looks stupid and is very confusing! This issue first happened back in July of 2018 and everyone hated the change so much that surprisingly Spotify actually listened to it's users for once a...

• Roadie
  • The + button to add/save songs has turned into a heart. This looks stupid and is very confusing!   This issue first happened back in July of 2018  and everyone hated the change so mu...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify won’t connect to wifi or data

I have Spotify premium (family), and am located in Canada. iPhone 8 with iOS 12.1.2. My premium account is in good standing. For the last two weeks, Spotify will not recognize my wifi - no matter which wifi I try to connect to. It will not recognize ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify premium (family), and am located in Canada. iPhone 8 with iOS 12.1.2.   My premium account is in good standing.   For the last two weeks, Spotify will not recognize my wi...
  • miadev
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not playing on iOS devices (as well as desktop). Help needed.

Since this week I am unable to stream my Spotify Premium to my Sonos Play:5.I have tried using an different devices running iOS (lastest phones and tablet). All not working. However, I am able to play from the Spotify app via AirPlay to the Sonos.Als...

• Music Fan
  •   Since this week I am unable to stream my Spotify Premium to my Sonos Play:5. I have tried using an different devices running iOS (lastest phones and tablet). All not working.   Howeve...
  • kiddingguy
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

format changed on Iphone but not Ipad

why Has the format on my I phone 7 changed. I cannot see what is in my playlists now to play it. I can only click on shuffle to start it playing rather than choose which song to start off. It hasnt altered on my Ipad, just my I phone.

•    why Has the format on my I phone 7 changed. I cannot see what is in my playlists now to play it. I can only click on shuffle to start it playing rather than choose which song to start o...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Swipe Queue

PlanPremiumCountryunited states of America DeviceiPhone 6sOperating System(iOS 12.1.2) My Question or Issue Swipe for queue is not working on the artist home page but it will work if I go to a specific album. I just started having this issue, it alwa...

•   Plan Premium Country united states of America   Device iPhone 6s Operating System (iOS 12.1.2)   My Question or Issue  Swipe for queue is not working on the artist h...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Minutes

Hey I have a general question: How does Spotify counts your minutes your listen to music? Does Spotify counts Musicminutes also by listening offline? And does Spotify counts music only if the music is on, not just being opened? GreetingsPæddy

• Hey   I have a general question:    How does Spotify counts your minutes your listen to music? Does Spotify counts Musicminutes also by listening offline? And does Spotify counts m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song won’t play on an album that’s downloaded.

Plan- Premium CountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueSo, I have an album downloaded and all the songs play consistently with no problem, except for one. It’s not a WiFi error, nor is the title greyed out, i...

• Plan - Premium  Country United States   Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue So, I have an album downloaded and all the songs play consistentl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone X: the best codec for bluetooth headphones

Hi all, I would like to buy new bluetooth headphones, but I don't know how to solve problem with the right codec. How to connect headphones with AAC or AptX codec? I am not satisfied with SBS, because of the poor quality. I have iPhone X. Thank you f...

• Hi all, I would like to buy new bluetooth headphones, but I don't know how to solve problem with the right codec. How to connect headphones with AAC or AptX codec? I am not satisfied with S...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Albums collection on Artist Page (IOS, iPhone)

Hey everybody, I was supriesed when I opend my spotify today in the morning and was searching an Artist but couldnt find the collection of the albums anymore. As usual when beeing on the Artist side i saw the Album or musix recently released and the ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hey everybody,   I was supriesed when I opend my spotify today in the morning and was searching an Artist but couldnt find the collection of the albums anymore. As usual when beeing on...
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iPad Spotify app will not connect to other devices. iOS 10.3.3

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPad 4 Operating SystemiOS 10.3.3 My Question or Issue Up until recently I could connect directly through the Spotify app to my airplay devices to control Spotify from my iPad. I rely on it to connect to our PA system as a ...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPad 4  Operating System iOS 10.3.3   My Question or Issue  Up until recently I could connect directly through the Spotify app to my airp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Airplay
    Apps on ios app
    device connection
    iOS 10
    more devices
    won't connect
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

TOP-Recommendations as Playlist?

I love to listen to my personalized recommendations from Spotify. The problem about it is, that i have to select every single track. Is it possible to play the recommendations as a playlist, one after the other? Greetings Frank

• I love to listen to my personalized recommendations from Spotify. The problem about it is, that i have to select every single track. Is it possible to play the recommendations as a playlist, one afte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle/Continous Play on Artist Page

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceIPhone 5SEOperating System(iOS 10 i am no longer able to shuffle when playing from an artist. Nor will it let me select continous play.

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device IPhone 5SE Operating System (iOS 10   i am no longer able to shuffle when playing from an artist. Nor will it let me select continous play....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Music Offline

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 5sOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or IssueOne thing that I have noticed is that two of my friends, who have Andriods and Spotify Premium, can search up any song they want, even when they are not connecte...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 5s Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue One thing that I have noticed is that two of my friends, who have Andriods and Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

sharing and radio button is greyed out in iphone, but available on android? how to fix this?

PremiumPhilippines DeviceIPHONEXROperating SystemIOS12 My Question or Issue sharing for social media and radio button is disabled. how to fix this

•   Premium Philippines   Device IPHONEXR Operating System IOS12   My Question or Issue   sharing for social media and radio button is disabled. how to fix this  
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes