Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to play any specific song

Plan: FreeCountry: Canada DeviceiPhone 12 proOperating SystemiOS 15.5 I am unable to play any specific song. When I search a song and click on play, it just plays a random song that too not from the same artist. Also I can no longer play a specific s...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Free Country: Canada   Device iPhone 12 pro Operating System iOS 15.5   I am unable to play any specific song. When I search a song and click on play, it just plays a ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Black/dark background on song

PremiumChileiPhone 7iOS 10 So the thing is that when playing a song, a dark background instead of a colored one (based on album art), is displayed.I would like to know if it is possible to replicate this, or if it is just some type of bug. Thanks in ...

• Visitor
  • Premium Chile iPhone 7 iOS 10   So the thing is that when playing a song, a dark background instead of a colored one (based on album art), is displayed. I would like to know if it is possi...
  • LukeBucholz
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Notifications for new podcast episodes

Currently using an iPhone X and have the most recent version of the app. My friend who has the same model phone showed me a new feature whereby you can get push notifications when a new episode of a podcast you follow drops. However, this feature doe...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently using an iPhone X and have the most recent version of the app.  My friend who has the same model phone showed me a new feature whereby you can get push notifications when a new episode...
  • RandyInLA
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 14 likes

whenever i’m connected to my alexa, i get a pop up telling me i’m connected every few seconds

as the title says, whenever i’m connected to alexa on my iphone, i get a pop up in the middle of the screen every few seconds telling me that i’m connected, and it’s incredibly annoying. anyone know why?

• as the title says, whenever i’m connected to alexa on my iphone, i get a pop up in the middle of the screen every few seconds telling me that i’m connected, and it’s incredibly annoying. anyone know ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Only Left Ear playing bluetooth with AirPods and Beats with iPhone X and Spotify

Both airpods work in overy other App as well as my phone. However with Spotify, only one ear plays I've been on phone with Apple tech support. I've logged out and back in of App, updated it and also rebooted phone - which has latest update. Only one ...

• Both airpods work in overy other App as well as my phone.  However with Spotify, only one ear plays I've been on phone with Apple tech support.  I've logged out and back in of App, updated ...
  • jcpe
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution local files album cover

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15My Question or Issuei’ve downloaded a lot of songs through local files and put them all in the same playlist. when it finally finished downloading to my iPhone i noticed that there was no album cover fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15 My Question or Issue i’ve downloaded a lot of songs through local files and put them all in the same playlist. when it finally finished do...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

bug player background

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.6 My Question or Issuehi, i noticed a really annoying bug in the player screen that happens very often. The background sometimes becomes dark at the bottom of the screen, and if I make...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 15.6   My Question or Issue hi, i noticed a really annoying bug in the player screen that happens very often. The ...
  • Meteorol11
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution SONOS speakers disappeared from Spotify

In Spotify, my SONOS speakers are no longer an option on any device; however, I can see Spotify within the SONOS apps (devices are below). I don't particularly like using the SONOS app, and would rather run Spotify with the options to use the SONOS s...

• Casual Listener
  • In Spotify, my SONOS speakers are no longer an option on any device; however, I can see Spotify within the SONOS apps (devices are below).  I don't particularly like using the SONOS app, and wou...
  • Vasil
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Facebook

Hello,I dont want facebook anymore, but when i deactivated it, i cant get in spotify anymore.. i tried everything that i could find on google, i removed the app from FB etc..I dont want to create a new account because i have to much musiclistsMy ques...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I dont want facebook anymore, but when i deactivated it, i cant get in spotify anymore.. i tried everything that i could find on google, i removed the app from FB etc.. I dont want to crea...
  • Yordan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution wrong song playing

PlanFreeCountryNew Zealand DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issuespotify plays the wrong song when I try to play certain songs on mix playlists that I usually can choose what songs play and plays the wrong songs on normal shuffled pl...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country New Zealand  Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue spotify plays the wrong song when I try to play certain songs on mix playlists that I u...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to download Joe Rogan Experience only

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceIphone 13plusOperating SystemiOS 15.4.1Spotify Version: 8.7.30.1342My Question or IssueMy issue is that I am able to download any podcast except for The Joe Rogan Experience.I have cleared the cache, offloaded the app, dele...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device Iphone 13plus Operating System iOS 15.4.1 Spotify Version: 8.7.30.1342 My Question or Issue My issue is that I am able to download any podcast except ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution local music has a green arrow but is still greyed out and cannot listen to on phone

spotify has been working great for about a year untill about a month ago. My local file music which is all labeled correctly and by the all my playlists are set to online mode and available offline so that is not the issue has a green arrow under it ...

• Regular
  • spotify has been working great for about a year untill about a month ago. My local file music which is all labeled correctly and by the all my playlists are set to online mode and available offline s...
  • CarlosE
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sound bending with AirPods Pro

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone 12 ProAirPods ProOperating SystemiOS 15.4 My Question or IssueSound is bending with AirPods Pro. This just started after the iOS 15.4 update. steps to reproduce:1. Enable spatial stereo audio.2. Toggle transparency m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone 12 Pro AirPods Pro Operating System iOS 15.4   My Question or Issue Sound is bending with AirPods Pro. This just started after the iOS 15...
  • jgalvez2121
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No green arrow for available offline album

After the last update, Spotify no longer shows the green arrow icon on the available offline albuns. That's really grinding my gears in a big list of albuns.

IMG_2965.PNG IMG_2964.PNG
  • After the last update, Spotify no longer shows the green arrow icon on the available offline albuns.   That's really grinding my gears in a big list of albuns.   
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Where is the queue on iPad?

HelloNot sure is this a bug on the iPad version but where can the queue be located? I can add to it from iPad but I can't see it to rearrange as I can on the iPhone.

• Music Fan
  • Hello Not sure is this a bug on the iPad version but where can the queue be located? I can add to it from iPad but I can't see it to rearrange as I can on the iPhone.
  • NickLemmer
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect does not connect with Sonos

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone XS Operating System15.5My Question or Issue Unfortunately, there are currently always connection problems with Spotify Connect and the current variant of the app for iOS. I use a Sonos system with One SL and Roam...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone XS  Operating System 15.5 My Question or Issue   Unfortunately, there are currently always connection problems with Spotify Conn...
  • Meteorol11
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution (Bug report) Unable to create new playlist when connected to bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemLatest iOSMy Question or IssueIm unable to create a new playlist when I’m connected to my car’s Bluetooth. I haven’t tried it connected to any other Bluetooth like headphones, but when I click “add t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System Latest iOS My Question or Issue Im unable to create a new playlist when I’m connected to my car’s Bluetooth. I haven’t tried it conn...
  • Eni
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify is just not working

PlanPremiumCountryusaDeviceiphone 10 Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issuemy spotify isnt working- it wasnt letting me play anythinig even if it was downloaded, so I deleted the app and reinstalled it and now I cant log in, it keeps saying there w...

• Plan Premium Country usa Device iphone 10  Operating System iOS    My Question or Issue my spotify isnt working- it wasnt letting me play anythinig even if it was downloaded,...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes